Sunday, December 26, 2004

On the waterfront part II

Feels funny to think that I went to the coastline just 12 hours before the tsunami inundated the beach.The sea then was moderately calm and to have predicted a catastrophe of this sort would have labelled one a definite crackpot and a certifiable lunatic.

In other matters,in theIMS simxat gk section, there was a question “According to the 2001 census,the percentage of 0-6 population to total population”.I thought it was time to put my ol’ quzzing guessing skills to test and eliminate the ridiculous choices and hopefully hit on the right choices.Then,I looked at the choices still hopeful and confident of arriving at a reasonable answer.The choices were a)16% b)15.36% c)15.47% d)15.42%

What the hell?

How in the whole wide world do they expect people to know all this?My confidence all but shattered I went to the next question which was

What was the literacy rate according to the Census 2001?

a)54.16% b)75.85% c)65.38% d)68.9%

Hope died eternal in my breast and I went to the other sections.No wonder its called a ‘mock’ xat.

Also saw sawdes.despite SRK crying (like any other SRK movie) every 15.3 minutes and Gayatri Joshi breaking out to talk about ‘sanskaar’/’parampara’/’hamara desh ki dharti’/’senti’ ,I wouldn’t say it was the ‘sawdest’ hindi movie I’ve ever seen.

Lets hope things return to normal in Chennai and the waters recede soon.

No comments: