Tuesday, December 14, 2004

waiting for visaot

Today morning(how early?), well at the unearthly hour of 5,we(Nandan & I) went to get our visas from the Singapore Consulate early,very early,in my opinion envisaging a difficult time. When v saw the queue vis-à-vis the visa that had already built(about 10 people but one travel agent was claiming 25 visas) ,my visage said it all but after taking a visa census,I realised we would probably get it.The agents there imparted gyaan on the procedure and,in some cases, had sent people to wait for them.It was dark,there were mosquitoes and I had nothin to do.Then,when I realised that I had 5 hours to kill and it couldn’t get worse,well,what d’u know?It started raining.After the quick downpour,it grew brighter and I whipped out my Kipling(amazing author) and read on till breakfast time.

Deciding to go hotel hunting on GN road(didn’t know that was GNCRd),I saw a school friend who very kindly dropped me off at Murugan’s Idli Shop.Me cud eulogise abt that place all day, its soft meltinthemouth idlis ,its not so sombre sambar,and the ultimate ambrosia –the chutneys.After that,I hitchhiked back courtesy an old man on a chetak,who nosed out my life history(including when I cut my 3rd molar from the right side of my mouth and my jathagam).However,he saved me a long walk and there I was back at the Consulate and found Nandan stoically braving the elements,staring resolutely ahead ,determined not to be Conned So late after waiting so long,giving no quarter to the vicious,queue jumping,murderous looking travel agents that enswarmed him.

We got in and gave the forms after a small delay(more Kipling time for me).Hotfooting it out of there,I realised getting the visa would open new vistas for me and visualising the agony on your faces,the blog stops here.

1 comment:

Nandan said...

how come u did not mention those mosquitoes. man there were more mosquitoes there than blood cells in a human body